Have you ever tried pure, cold pressed Kalonji Oil for haircare? Pure Kalonji Oil is the oil extracted using the traditional technique of wood pressing the Kalonji seeds, also known as Nigella Sativa seeds. Unrefined Kalonji Oil is dark black in color with a strong aroma similar to ayurvedic oils. In addition to being used for consumption, this oil is great for your hair when applied topically.
Benefits of Kalonji Oil for Hair
Kalonji Oil is not only great for consumption (health), it works as an amazing ayurvedic oil for hair care at home. Here are the benefits of pure, unrefined & cold pressed Kalonji Oil for hair.
- Kalonji Oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which heal scalp inflammation, dandruff and irritaion
- It provides hair with necessary nutrients for hair growth
- Kalonji Oil has linoleic acid which prevents premature hair graying
- Rich in omega 3, Kalonji Oil helps in increasing blood circulation which further promotes hair growth.
3 Ways to Use Kalonji Oil for Hair Care
You can totally use cold pressed Kalonji Oil directly as a hair oil but we always love sharing different recipes with you to make it more fun and of course beneficial. Here are 3 different DIYs using Kalonji Oil that you can easily do at home.
- DIY Kalonji & Castor Hair Oil: Since castor oil has been used since ages for hair growth, it is the best to combine its benefits with Kalonji Oil. Mix 1 part Castor Oil with 3 parts Kalonji Oil, warm it up a bit & massage it on your scalp really well. Leave it overnight and shampoo the next day.
- DIY Kalonji Oil Conditioning Hair Mask: Want soft & smooth hair? Take half cup of Aloe Pulp Juice and add 2 tablespoons of Kalonji Oil. Mix it really well and apply it all over your scalp and hair. Shampoo as usual in an hour. You can also do it with aloe vera gel from our store.
- DIY Kalonji & Bhringraj Hair Mask for premature greying of hair: Take half cup of warm water, add 3 tablespoons of Bhringraj Powder and 1 tablespoon of Kalonji Oil. Mix it all really well together and apply it all over your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and shampoo.
A lot of people try making Kalonji Oil at home by infusing kalonji seeds in a base oil however, that does not make it super effective. For best results, always go for COLD PRESSED Kalonji Oil which is unrefined and pure.