Botanical name: Urtica dioica
How is our Nettle Hydrosol made?
Our Nettle Hydrosol is steam distilled using freshly harvested Stinging Wild Nettle Leaves in the foothills of Uttarakhand.
- Organic Nettle hydrosol is a botanical water that has a strong smell.
- This hydrosol is a great scalp and hair mist for hair growth and shine. You can also use it as a base in your formulations.
- Single ingredient product with no additives/ fillers etc.
- Vegan, cruelty free and 100% pure.
Nettle hydrosol benefits & uses:
- Use Nettle Hydrosol for hair as a scalp mist for healthy hair growth.
- If used regularly, Nettle adds shine to dull hair due to high amount of silica and sulfur.
- If you have acne prone skin, use Nettle water as a toner.
Note: Hydrosol doesn’t smell exactly like its herb/essential oil counterpart. The aroma of hydrosol differs because there are many components of a herb that water doesn’t capture and similarly there are many components of a herb that an oil doesn’t capture. Some hydrosols can smell too strong while some might not even have a fragrance. Some hydrosols can smell all floral and good while some smell totally opposite (even if the herb used is a nice smelling flower). We don’t further add any essential oil/fragrance oil to enhance their smell. Our purpose is to bring them to you as pure as possible for their therapeutic (healing) benefits.
We don’t add preservatives to our hydrosols from our side so the shelf life is short. To prolong the shelf life, we recommend hydrosols be stored in the refrigerator from the time of purchase.