Rosehip Oil is a skincare superhero!
Rosehip Oil, also known as Rosehip Seed Oil is the oil extracted by cold pressing the seeds of Rosehips. In India, this oil is quite underrated. However, many Hollywood celebs & even duchess Kate Middleton vouches for its benefits for skin.
With a dark orange hue, cold pressed rosehip oil is loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids. It also contains phenols that have been proven to have antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Rosehip oil is often used as a facial or body oil for its benefits in reducing pigmentation and acne scars.
What is Rosehip Oil good for?
Rosehip oil is rich in vitamin A. Vitamin A is made up of several nutritional compounds, including retinoids. Retinoids are known for their ability to reduce hyperpigmentation and other visible signs of premature aging with regular use. Rosehip oil also contains both lycopene and beta carotene.
Rosehip Oil benefits for skin
- heals pigmentation & acne scars
- works on bringing a glow to dull tired skin
- improves skin’s elasticity
- restores sun damaged skin
- calms inflammation
Rosehip Oil is also a dry oil which makes it non greasy on use. It absorbs quickly without sitting on top which makes it THE BEST POSSIBLE OIL for skincare.
How to Use Rosehip Oil for Skin
This oil is multipurpose. You can use it in so many different ways for your skin. Here’s the list of our favourite ways to use Rosehip Oil:
- Facial Oil: Apply Rosehip Oil directly as your facial oil after cleansing and toning your skin. Massage it really well into damp skin. Works great for all skin types especially, matured pigmented skin. For people with easily congested skin, please avoid Rosehip Oil.
- Body Oil: Massage Rosehip Oil all over your damp body post shower. This helps with body pigmentation/sun damage and also softens knee/elbow area. You can even combine it in equal parts with our Gurbandi Almond Oil for a better slip.
- Lip Oil: Lip pigmentation? Try our Rosehip Oil. Just dab few drops of this liquid gold every night on your lips.
Natural Highlighter: Add few drops to your foundation/ bb cream/ day cream for a dewy glow.
To use our Rosehip Oil as a lip oil/ under eye oil/ highlighter, check out this Rosehip Oil roll on.
Facial Massage: Mix a teaspoon of raw honey with few drops of rosehip oil and massage it on damp skin for 2 minutes. Rinse well and moisturize.
Moisturizer: Mix a teaspoon of aloe gel with few drops of rosehip oil and use this as your moisturizer.
- DIY Rosehip Oil Face Mask: If you do not want to use Rosehip Oil as a leave in facial oil, use it as a face mask. Take a tablespoon of Kaolin Clay, a pinch of turmeric & 3-4 drops of Rosehip Oil. Apply a thick layer on damp skin and rinse it off once semi dry.
How to find pure Rosehip Oil?
With everything that you purchase, always question the brand plus read labels (super important).
- pure rosehip oil should always be cold pressed & unrefined
- it should be bright orange to red in color as seen in our picture (not light red or yellow or transparent)
- the texture should be light however never thin
- also, rosehip seeds produce carrier oil. Do not fall for brands selling “rosehip essential oil”.
With Rosehip Oil, quality is the key to great results. Make sure you choose the best! At Blend It Raw Apothecary, our Rosehip Oil has been a best seller since we launched due to its quality. It does show results. Our reviews speak!
Bonus: It is locally produced!