- 0 items in the shopping bag
Creating your own bath powders is as simple as just mixing together few ingredients of your choice in 5 minutes. Bath powders are a great replacements for soaps and are even more beneficial.
BENEFITS OF MAKING AND USING BATH POWDERS
- Bath Powders cleanse, soothe and scrub at the same time
- They remove tan and dirt
- If used regularly, they heal pigmentation and even out the skin tone
- They can even reduce ingrown hair and hair growth with time on daily usage
- Pocket Friendly and easy to make
- Eco Friendly as they are biodegradable
- You can customize it as per your needs
BASIC RECIPE TO MAKE YOUR OWN BATH POWDER
- Base- 1 cup Gram Flour (besan)- Oily skin/Oats Flour- Dry Skin/Rice Flour- All Skin Types
- Clay for dirt attracting properties- Half Cup Kaolin Clay– All Skin Types/Bentonite Clay– Extremely Oily Skin
- Finely Milled Herb Powders- Half Cup of any herb of your choice. For eg. Neem for body acne, Hibiscus for pigmentation, Rose for tanning, Avarampoo for body odor, Vetiver for Cooling (You can add one herb or combination of herbs
Mix all these well together. Store in an airtight jar.
HOW TO USE YOUR HOMEMADE BATH POWDER
Activate 3-4 tablespoons of Bath Powder with water/hydrosol before stepping in shower. If you feel your skin is too dry, add few drops of your favorite body oil too. Now massage it on damp skin for 3-4 minutes and wash it off.
You can also use them as Ubtans. Apply the activated paste all over your body. Let it dry and now scrub it off gently to remove. Rinse well and moisturize.
DIY RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE BATH POWDER
You can either follow these recipes or create your own. Choice is yours because while making bath powders you cannot go wrong. You can even blend a new recipe every day- all you need is good quality, finely milled herbs. You can shop for them here.
DIY HOMEMADE BODY CLEANSER FOR PIGMENTATION
To make this, mix together 6 tablespoons of Oats Flour, 3 tablespoons of Kaolin Clay, 1 tablespoon Vetiver Powder, 1 tablesooon Rose Powder and 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Powder. Best used with curd to activate.
DIY HOMEMADE AYURVEDIC BODY CLEANSER
To make this, mix together 6 tablespoons of Besan, 3 tablespoons of Kaolin Clay, 1 tablespoon Licorice Powder, 1 tablespoon Amla Powder and 1 tablespoon Wild Turmeric/Regular Turmeric Powder. Best used with Rose Hydrosol to activate.
DIY HOMEMADE DETOX BODY CLEANSER
To make this, mix together 6 tablespoons of Rice Flour, 3 tablespoons of Kaolin Clay/Bentonite Clay, 1 tablespoon Neem Powder and 1 teaspoon Bamboo Charcoal. Best used with a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and water.
Since we want all of you to create your own bath powders and ditch conventional soaps, we are offering a 10 percent off on all herbs and herb powders till 15th September’19 on orders over 500. Use code “HERBS10” at the time of checkout.